Monday, August 27, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling


A most interesting book. First of all, my heartfelt thanks to my classmate Yiwei for lending me the book last Wednesday even before you even started reading it!

Haha, well I heard spoilers here and there but it was nevertheless a great read! The book is substantially lighter than the previous tomes and I was pretty surprised at the weight of it.

It was engrossing and I completed reading it within 1 day and returned it to her the day after. Haha.

What can I say? J.K. Rowling simply weaves magic like nobody's business. And I think it must have been sometime since I read The half-blood prince cos I had forgotten when Harry got a new girlfriend and then broke up again. I should read it again really. Haha.

Well, well, the true test came, but it was slightly anti-climatic, I expected a more intense wandfight between Voldermort and Harry at the end instead of just a single spell.

Lalala, but I especially loved the mystique and adventure of Harry, Hermonine and Ron. Though it seemed a little draggy - always does cos you can't wait to get to the end - but yup. Whee! Won't mind reading all 7 again!

A million stars for this epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment