Monday, August 23, 2010

Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen

This is such a great book. Reminds me why I love Jane Austen so much. Bought it at a sale at NUS earlier this year and it proved to be a great read.

Slightly shorter than Pride and Prejudice, the story's about a girl, Catherine and her many adventures in 18th century England. Awesome read. And now I realise I write like Jane Austen - in a style that my English teachers abhorred - that is, long, rambling sentences.

So anyway, if you like Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie and Pride and Prejudice, this will be a book to chill to. I love all the detail too!

I adore the style of writing too. Very conversational and all. Can feel Austen's voice and personality coming through strong and clear.

And I know, just like Pride and Prejudice, it's gonna be like good wine, growing better with age. I kinda sped through it, wanting to know the ending asap. Yet none of the poetic language and imagery are lost. So I'm sure it'll be even better the second time around.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment