Friday, July 10, 2015

The best of Kirpal Singh by Kirpal Singh


I picked up this book at the Singapore Collection section of Clementi Public Library as I was browsing one day. 

It's an excellent read. 

How is it that I've never read Kirpal Singh until now, I don't know. But I enjoy his poetry very, very much. 

They range from the tragic:


To the quirky yet thought-provoking:


I loved some poems so much I copied them into a notebook I bought so as to enjoy them after returning this gem of a book. 

Of course, there were some, especially the ones he wrote as a tribute to his friends that I didn't quite get. But they were pretty nice nonetheless. 

All I can say is, for the lover of Singaporean poetry, go grab this book by Kirpal Singh and like me, you might just wanna continue with his other collections. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment