Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Harbouring by S. C. Gordon


The problem with poetry is how sometimes I can never make head or tail of it even though I may get a vague sense of the genre. Harbouring is a case in point. 

While I get that the poet has lost a dearly beloved to Death, reading and rereading some of the poetry just leaves me befuddled. I do honestly think that there is clever use of space and imagery in all her poems but I guess I'm just too mainstream. I need the poetry I read to be a bit more accessible. 

For those whose interest have been piqued, although the poet is born in England, the poetry have mostly Oriental themes. Which is fascinating really. 

Please understand that this is still an excellent piece of work. It's just not my cup of tea. 

Having said that, here's my favourite piece, Qing Ming. 


You can get your copy at Books Actually





Disclaimer: The publisher sent me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment